Termites cause serious danger to local households and businesses around the Blue Mountains area and must be avoided at all costs.
If you have noticed any termite signs then please don't wait any longer and call ABC Pest Control today for your quick and affordable solution for termite inspections and termite prevention.
How Do You Treat Termite Infestations in the Blue Mountains?
Treating termite infestations requires in-depth knowledge of building construction and termite behaviour and at ABC Pest Control, we have more than enough knowledge about structural engineering to find and exterminate those termites quickly. Because potential termite entry points are hidden behind walls or under floors, a careful termite inspection and treatment by a Termite Inspection professional may be necessary.
Make sure you do regular checks of the inside and outside of your home including all of the areas that provide food sources.
Most common areas for termites are dead leaves or tree stumps in your backyard, windowsills and doorframes on the outside of your home and the base of walls, windowsills and doorframes inside your home.
How Can I Prevent The Invasion of Termites?
- Firstly check for any termite signs
- Before buying a house, ensure it had a termite inspection
- Remove all wooden debris from around the building.
- Fill all visible cracks and voids in the foundation with concrete or caulking compound, which may provide a handy access point for termites.
- Don't affix wooden trellises to exterior walls.
- Keep mulch, wood debris, scrap lumber, sawdust, and firewood away from your home. If you do keep firewood outside your house during the winter, keep it raised off the ground.
- Trim all shrubs, bushes and other dense greenery away from the foundation of your home, don’t allow leaves to accumulate in gutters and drains.
- Replace wooden posts, steps, trellises and other structures that contact the soil with non cellulose material
- Replace badly damaged timbers with sound materials. Remove infested trees and stumps.
- Where possible, don't allow wood within 45 cm of the soil.
- Provide adequate ventilation and drainage for basements, cellars and crawl spaces. Ventilate crawl spaces and attics to reduce humidity and cover at least 90% of the soil in crawl spaces with plastic sheeting.
- Reduce soil moisture around the structure by directing run-off away from the foundation. Be sure gutters and downspouts are installed and working correctly.
- Repair leaking faucets and water lines, both indoors and outdoors. Fix leaky roofs and gutters.
- Ideally, wood siding, stucco, and foam board should be at least 15 cm away from the ground.
- Regular termite inspections by a qualified pest control expert.